2007 CLA Conference

[The Connecticut Library Association, or CLA, is Connecticut's professional organization of over 1,000 librarians, library staff, friends and trustees working together to improve library service to Connecticut, to advance the interests of librarians, library staff, and librarianship, and to increase public awareness of libraries and library services.]

Sunday, April 15, 2007

Off to a Running Start!

April 16th is the big day -- Pre-Conferences for the 2007 CLA Annual Conference! My name is Brenda Mitchell-Powell, and I'm a student in the Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Information Science. I'll contribute a student perspective on the conference to our blog. Though I've attended CLA conferences in the past, I did so as a library paraprofessional. Formal education and training (I'll reach the half-way mark toward my degree at the conclusion of this semester) mean that I'm significantly better prepared to reap big rewards from my attendance at this year's conference.

I've registered for Linda Braun's Pre-Conference III titled "How'd They Do That? Using Technology for Innovation in Your Library." After a technology course at Simmons, I've become something of a tech junkie, so I'm hoping Linda provides some constructive ideas for implementing cutting-edge technolgies. Stay tuned for a wrap-up of the pre-conference session and the first day's events!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Blogger Cynde said...

Brenda:

Welcome to the Blog. We are thrilled to have you contribute.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger Brenda Mitchell-Powell said...

Cynde:
Thanks for your support! I'm most grateful. I hope others enjoyed the conference as much as I did.
Brenda

 

Post a Comment

<< Home